We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus fares from Assisi train station

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus fares from Assisi train station

I got different info about bus fares from the train station to the hill. I will be taking Line C to Piazza Matteotti. Is the bus fare around Euro 1.00 or Euro 15? I read somewhere which mentioned Euro 15 for the bus fare? The hotel (Hotel Dei Priori) charges Euro qt to arrange the transfer one-way. What about taxi fares? I am trying to find a cost effective way to get around.

Also, do the buses have space for luggages?

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

mamma mia..quite a trip going....how long in Assisi?

Exact dates?

Happy to let you know if any festivities going on while you are here..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

I wl arrive on 28 Nov and depart on 30 nov. I have only one full day on 29 nov. I arrive from

Rome in 28th at about 5pm after the papal audience in Vatican. I depart on 30th morning to

Florence. Not much time but I hope to see as much as possible in that one day.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

I stopped in Assisi on my way from Rome to Florence with all our luggage. The RR station has storage space available (not lockers but a baggage room) and the cost was nominal. That was 2006 and I am going back in Nov. and expect to do the same. Good luck.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

only a day here?

Yikes.

Mamma mia

minimal 3 wks needed to explore our town AND the wondrous hilltowns nearby

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,399 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

My daughter moved to Ghana for a year with less luggage than that, and she had to take computers, textbooks, sheets and towels, water purifiers, and lots of other stuff that you wouldn't need for traveling in Europe.

That quantity of luggage will be a problem long before you get to the bus. There's no one to help you with luggage at the train stations. In some stations, including Assisi and Foligno (where you often have to change trains going from Rome to Assisi), there are underpasses to pass from one side of the station to the other. How do you plan to get it all up and down the steps?

If you're traveling all over Europe, with a day here and a day there, using trains and buses, you'd better bring a personal porter with you.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 04:06
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

Dear All for all your advice and tips. I got your point loud and clear about luggage :). I will surely reconsider two big bags. Thanks again,

Everyone.

17. Re: Bus fares from Assisi train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 19:15