We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

Level Contributor
19 posts
Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

While in Venice, we found a number of artists working and selling their artwork of Venice...etchings, drawings, watercolors. Would love to find artists doing the same (towns, country scenes, etc.) as we travel through Tuscany via car traveling between Florence and Assisi over 4 days. Can you let me know of any artists working either in Siena or other Tuscan (or Umbria, for that matter as we go on from there to Orvieto and Rome!) towns either set up outside or in shops? If you can help with names and locations of shops that would be helpful. Trying to buy from locals. We have one full weekday in Siena before driving elsewhere. Thank you for your help!

4 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
9,173 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

In San Quirico, dear Rosanna Carbone has a lovely selection of canvases, posters, decorated vases, tiles, etc depicting local scenes in her own very interesting style. She's on the main street, Via Dante Alighieri.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
180 reviews
2. Re: Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

When in Venice we walked into a show of paintings at the Dei Frari by a lovely woman- Valentina Verlato, one of which we loved and she worked with us to save it for us to pay for and have shipped back home. I think she lives in Vincenza but am not sure. She also travels to various showings. Best to check her website-- ValentinaVerlato.com.

Eagle River, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

Siena has very few street sellerr of any kind The city fathers and mother’s keep a very tight control. The only selling artists I ever see are in the piazza in front of Basilica of San Domenico.

http://www.basilicacateriniana.com/

Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns

Thanks so much! I appreciate the information!

Reply to: Local artists in Siena or other Tuscan towns
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Siena
Recent Conversations