We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Hi there. I am travelling with a friend. Fly into Pisa 3 nights Lucca , 3 night Cinque Terre. Then return to Pisa for a night for my friend to fly home.

After that I could stay in an extra couple of days to see more of Italy. I have been to Florence twice (adored it) and a wee bit scared to return there on my own in case I don't love it so much.

I need to fly out of Pisa.

What are other good options ? Train to San Gimignano stay overnight? Are there other beautiful places to visit. I fancy listening to Italians , looking at amazing old buildings etc.

I see there is a day trip from Pisa to San Gimignano and Sienna but maybe doing it myself be nicer.

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,453 Reviews
from USD 105.10*
Best Seller
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
428 Reviews
from USD 93.50*
Small-Group Tour: Florence and Pisa...
125 Reviews
from USD 172.90*
CA
Level Contributor
11,217 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Rapallo, very cute town in a lovely setting. Have dinners at Da Mario [closed Wednesday].

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

San Gimignano does not have a train station, but it is accessible by bus from Siena or the Poggibonsi station. Siena would be a great destination for architecture, the town is teeming with churches capped off by the magnificent Duomo. It is a 2 hour train trip from Pisa with a change at Empoli. On the same train line is the pretty village of Certaldo with its upper and lower town. Closer to Pisa, you could see Massa or Viareggio by train for the day.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Siena and nearby areas would be an excellent choice, but pretty uncomfortable from a logistical point of view, since you need to fly out of Pisa.

Rapallo is a good destinations nonetheless, you can consider also Genoa herself and/or other great nearby places like Camogli, Portofino and the picturesque San Fruttuoso Abbey, Santa Margherita Ligure, Lerici and the village of Tellaro. Liguria it's not only about Cinque Terre, funny to see how her most iconic dame (Portofino) has been replaced by Cinque Terre in contemporary visual culture.

If you want to stay closer to Pisa, you can focus on Versilia area: Viareggio by the seaside and Camaiore and Pietrasanta in the inland. Or the area between Pisa and Livorno: the archaeological sites along Costa degli Etruschi (Baratti and Populonia), the utterly romantic surroundings between Bolgheri and Marina di Castagneto Carducci, or the lovely Castiglioncello, perched on a cliff above the sea.

4. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2018, 15:17