We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Hi there. I am travelling with a friend. Fly into Pisa 3 nights Lucca , 3 night Cinque Terre. Then return to Pisa for a night for my friend to fly home.

After that I could stay in an extra couple of days to see more of Italy. I have been to Florence twice (adored it) and a wee bit scared to return there on my own in case I don't love it so much.

I need to fly out of Pisa.

What are other good options ? Train to San Gimignano stay overnight? Are there other beautiful places to visit. I fancy listening to Italians , looking at amazing old buildings etc.

I see there is a day trip from Pisa to San Gimignano and Sienna but maybe doing it myself be nicer.

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,447 Reviews
from USD 106.10*
Best Seller
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
427 Reviews
from USD 94.30*
Small-Group Tour: Florence and Pisa...
125 Reviews
from USD 174.40*
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,853 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Since you have to go back to Pisa for your departure then I would hold off Pisa until the end, why move one extra time to the same place, a waste of time. Just hop on the train when arriving in Pisa and go to Venice then make your way back with just 2 nights in Pisa as there is very little to see there other than the tower.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
87 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

I think Bonjours recommendation of not staying that night in Pisa is a great one. Venice is a great suggestion, but you could also probably do Rome by train if you wanted to.

If you want to stay in Tuscany...then your ideas are good, but just to give you another thought to explore, we really enjoyed Montecantini...

Good luck and have a fun with your trip.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,116 posts
566 reviews
3. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

Bologna?

glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

you could go to La Spezia the marina there is fab it has a LIDO or you could take a boat ride to portaveneri which is just lovely 20 min on the boat but the town of La Spezia Try farinatta sold in the pizza places and great shopping too.

CA
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

If you and your friend spilt up you can gain a day. Otherwise you are in Pisa twice.

6. Re: Where else from, been to Cinque Terre , Florence and Lucca.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2018, 14:17