We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinery ideas for trip back to airport

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
itinery ideas for trip back to airport

hi all in florence next week sun to sat , taking my daughter and her friend back to pisa airport on thurs and staying a few days extra , i thought we could combine the trip back to the airport with them with a few hours at the tower and the square i think they both want to climb the tower, which i think i will have to book first. then get to the airport drop them off and return back to florence. I ve trusted all your itinery ideas in the past and im hoping you can come up with one for this day to avoid anymore discussions on how to plan this they are driving me nuts. lol.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
8 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Are you driving? If so, you should be aware of the ZTL's:

https:/…Driving.In.Italy.html

You also shouldn't leave anything in the car.

The tickets to climb the Tower are time sensitive and capacity controlled. The official website: www.opapisa.it/en

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

no we are getting the bus or train

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
137 posts
28 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Then it's easy, train from florence to pisa, nearly every half hour. Then if they have luggage left it at pisa cle deposit(5€ a piece), then exit sration from main door and corso italia until you arrive to the river, cross the bridge and continue straight , and turn left to piazza il cavalieri, continue and you'll arrive to miacoli . Total walk time 20 confortable minutes. If you've booked the tower, climb, if you want buy the tickets to camposanto, cathedral and museum, and when done, walk again to the station. There left them take the five minutes pisa mover to airport and take the next train to florence. You will not need to book nor trains nor pisamover, just buy the tickets on the automated machines.

Edited: 14 July 2017, 04:23
essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Thankyou we are in florence now loving every minute

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Forgot to say they only have small rucksacks will they be able to take them in to the complex if we hold on to them while they climb

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
137 posts
28 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

No problem, we do all the monuments, baptistery, camposanto and sinopie, with a cabin sized backpack each. For climbing the tower there's free lugage deposit if you have ticket.

essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Thankyou miguel we now think our trip is going to be a disaster we checked the two tickets for the tower i bought 2 adult tickets for my daughter and her friend who are both 17 and a half it say's all inder 18.s must be acompanied by an adult trust me not to spot that.... if anyone reads this can they please comment as it is for thurs tomorrow.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 02:49
essex
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

Thanks miguel everything you said was spot on. And didnt have a problem with the girls yicket they were not asked there age.

9. Re: itinery ideas for trip back to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2018, 14:17