We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napa, California
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

We will be traveling in Tuscany from May 24th to June 6th. Do we need to pack an umbrella?

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

I think you probably will at some point. It's been a very nice May so far but we're now forecast a few rainy days. Hopefully, you'll hit a long dry spell but this early in the summer, showers are a possibility.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

If you don't have one, you will need it.

sandycreek
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

We traveled in April. we didn't need an umbrella except for one day in Venice and our last night in Rome - but running through the rainny cobbled streets wasn't really that bad and we had a good laugh. We just carried a light hooded raincoat on iffy days but most the time it was a pain to carry. I prefer to travel with as little as possible.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

If you do get caught in the rain without an umbrella, no worry. Before the first drop hits the cobblestones you'll be surrounded by umbrella vendors offering you foldables, shaped like the cupola and decorated with Botticelli's 'Spring' - all for just a handful of euros!

5. Re: Do I need an umbrella for the end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 17:18