We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

I have been doing a tonne of Tripadvisor research and all the information is coming together nicely, however I have a couple of questions to round out my research...

We are staying at Hotel Villa Betania from May 18-23.

1. Where is the closest laundromat to Hotel Villa Betania?

2. We would like to visit Siena, San G, and the outlets, what is the most economical way to ge to see these areas? We are okay with taking public transportation.

3. Car Rentals, we were considering a car rental from Florence on the May 21st (afternoon) and being able to drop it off on route to Cinque Terre on the 23rd - any suggestions, I am not having much luck?

4. We are doing the Fiat 500 Tour, but we are also deciding which other tour to do in the city, we would love to take the food tour, but the FlorenceTown Vasari Corridor with Uffizi Gallery Tour also sounds cool.

Thank you again for your help with planning our trip.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

Villa Betania is in Via del poggio Imepriale. i don't know of any launderette close by. I would think the closer would be around Porta Romana.

Siena and San gimignano - Sita busses -http://www.sitabus.it/sita-toscana/Firenze-Siena08.pdf (look at both pages) outlets - many forms of transportation tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i9725-Shopping_…

Car rental - check autoeurope and nova car rental. But why drop on the way to the Cinque Terre as there is where you'll need it most.

There a vast difference between the tours you are considering - what exactly are you looking for?

California
Level Contributor
466 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

Some answers (may not be complete...)

1. All hotel bathrooms have a wash-sink. You can carry some detergent, usually Walmart/Target carries small sachets that can be used specifically for sink washing.

2. For Siena, the train cost me 6.10 Euros one-way. In Siena, bus # 10 takes you to the city center, not sure what the cost is, since I did not pay, infact it was on Jan 1st, no one paid that day!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

The bus stops in the centre and it cost a bit more (I think around 8 euro).

4. Re: Few Questions for Florence Trip in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:21