We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/uffizi/

b-ticket.com/b%2Dticket/uffizi/default.aspx

I have read several threads about calling the museum to reserve tickets and that the museum doesn't sell "online". It seems that this is an official site and it is even the link that is given on the tripadvisor page for the Uffizi.

Is this website legit and is there any reason to call instead of using the online service?

thanks! 8

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

When you call, you don't need to give a credit card number. You just receive a confirmation number. My visa and mc didn't work either so I gave up.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Where is the question? They are indeed brokers with a very misleading website domain.

13. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2009, 07:52
BL8
Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Thank you, Nick. I cancelled with the agent and booked with the B-ticket site. I received a confirmation note but no confirmation number. The note indicates that I should receive a separate note (it's in Italian so i am trusting google translate a lot here.) I sent a note to help@bassilichi.it (which is from the Help button on their site) and got a delivery failure notice from postmaster@bassilichi.it. Rather disturbing events. Meanwhile the charges have gone through on my credit card.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

There have been a number of posts recently like yours. B-tickets must have a glitch in its system.

The email address that seems to work is stefano.govoni@bassilichi.it

North Carolina
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

I'm trying to buy a number of tickets to the Uffizi in October 09 via the B-ticket/Polo site. It clearly says the price is €6.50 + €4 reservation fee, but it seems to charging me €10 for the ticket, which includes the current special exhibition. We don't have time to see the exhibition, and don't want to pay for it.

Can anyone please tell me what's going on? The site insists on charging me €10 + €5 for the reservation although it says the total cost should only be €10.50 per person.

Grazie,

Gigi

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

When there's an exhibition the ticket for the exhibition is mandatory.

North Carolina
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Thanks for your reply. That's not very nice, is it?

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

Libbie,

You make think differently when you realize that the Uffizi was built in the 16th century as an office building, not as a modern art gallery designed to show "special" exhibits along with a permanent collection.

The place is simply not set up so that people could go to see the permanent collection and not have access to the special exhibit.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: is this an "Official" Uffizi site to reserve tickets?

It's the same for the Accademia. As George, says, there is no separate access to the exhibitions in those places.