We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions

Hi everyone,

This will be our first trip to Italy. We have booked our flight into Venice and out of Florence at the beginnning of October. We will have 7 full days(8nights) to explore the 2 cities and some of the surrounding area. We are both 40 and reasonably fit people. We are not huge museum people. Our style is more exploring new towns and winding streets, beautiful churches, prominent monuments and anything that we can’t see in the U.S.

My initial plan is 3 nights(2 full days)in Venice and then train to Florence for the next 5 nights. While in Florence, I would like to explore Lucca, Sienna and maybe PIsa on 2 of the days in Florence by either train or possibly a tour group. Seem reasonable?

3 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,870 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions

Your program is very good, since there is a lot to see in the surrounding area around Florence. Have a look at www.booking.com for lodging near the train station(SMN). Also, the bus terminal for SITA is located next to train station for trips into Chianti/Siena area.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,824 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions

You can visit Pisa in the morning, later Lucca. Travelling by train www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Travelling on regional trains, validate your train ticket before boarding in the validation bix.

Buses Firenze to Siena www.busfox.com/timetable

www.venice-tourism.com www.visitflorence.com www.aboutpisa.info www.discovertuscany.com

Accommodation www.booking.com

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions

Thank you so much for the help. Looks like I will stay with 5 nights in Florence and 3 nights in Venice!!!

Reply to: Staying in Venice/Florence. Time allocation suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted