We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help- at a loss for parking-concert in Visarno Arena

1 post
Save Topic
Need help- at a loss for parking-concert in Visarno Arena

We'll be coming into Florence for the Foo fighters concert, june 14th 2018. As we'll drive into Italy from the Netherlands with our own car, we need a place to park, that will allow us to leave the city at a late hour (we're staying in a little town in the countryside). I don't expect to be out of the arena before 23.30 h and then we need transport to wherever we decide to park. I've been looking at the ATAF app and timetables but I'm losing sight. Can anybody help me?

-Is it smarter to park outside of the city, and if so, where? And will I be able to get back there at such a late hour? I saw that there will be more busses available for the concert, but it will probably take ages to get on one after the concert with everybody needing public transportation (and will I be able to make the last train as we can't afford to miss it).

-Are there any 24h private garages in the vicinity (the one I found closes at 8) of the arena?

-Is it an option to park at the airport (and leave there after 0.00)?

-Could I get a cab to the airport if I don't speak Italian (I know i'll have to make a reservation, but would I even be able to do that-and find the cab outside the arena when all the people are pooring out)?

-or is it possible to get a bus to the airport at that late hour (if it is possible to park 24 h at the airport).

I'm sorting through options but I'm a bit afraid of not being back at the carpark in time and having to spend the night sleeping rough in beautiful Florence- which is an experience in itself I'm sure, but not one I'm looking for :) Can anybody help me?

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
1 reply
Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help- at a loss for parking-concert in Visarno Arena

It would have helped if you'd bothered to mention where this event is going to take place.

I believe it will be at the Ippodromo in the Cascine Park -- maybe a 15 minute walk from the central railroad station, "Firenze SMN".

You also don't say where you're going to be staying "in a little town in the countryside". If you had, maybe somebody could help you with information about what, if any, buses or trains would work for you.

You also don't say in what direction you'll be coming, so it's kind of hard to suggest where you might leave the car.

With the information you've provided, the only idea that comes to my mind is that you leave your car in the in the parking lot at Villa Costanza, just off the A-! Autostrada ("E35") -- the main north-south highway from Milan to Naples, which runs to the west of Florence.

https://www.parcheggiovillacostanza.it/en/

The parking lot is within easy walking distance of the Florence "Tramvia" tram line, which will take you to Firenze SMN, from which you can walk to and from the Ippodromo.

You can find the Tramvia schedule at:

http://www.gestramvia.com/orari

Mentioned in this post
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
324 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Autostrada
Autostrada
1 Review
Florence, Italy
Milan