We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather HELP.

Wilstead, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather HELP.

Hi All,

We are coming to italy June 5th for 10 days, we are staying in a town near Montepulciano and are doing day trips via a hired car to Florence and Rome. Our main concern is now the weather, is it consitent to what the apps are saying, looks like is hasnt stopped raining for weeks. When we researched Mid to High 20s and sun was what we were hoping for, at the moment its rain and thunderstorms :(

Can anyone advice?

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,353 Reviews
from USD 107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
784 Reviews
from USD 107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,393 Reviews
from USD 107.70*
8 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather HELP.

It hasn't been non-stop rain for weeks, it's been very much a heavy shower here, a heavy shower there with some nice sunny and quite mild spells in between. It's central Italy, it's spring time, it's perfectly normal - May can often be a very soggy month. Unfortunately, people tend to think we enjoy weather here similar to that of the Bahamas but outside a short few weeks in July / August, sadly that isn't the case. Pack as you would for home, waterproofs, lots of layers and hope for the best.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather HELP.

Answered, quite well, in one of your other threads:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18790…

You can not drive into Florence or Rome because of the ZTL's, parking can be an issue too:

https:/…Driving.In.Italy.html

http://driventoit.blogspot.com.au/

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,122 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather HELP.

....and there are three weeks until your trip. June is likely to be pretty warm, but there is always the possibility of showers. Note 'likely' 'possibility'. If this wasn't the case, the Met Office and all weather websites would be out of business.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather HELP.

lastraniera, when it rains in Florence is it usually shower and then stops or is it a whole day thing? Thanks

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather HELP.

It varies, Lele, who can say for sure. Some days it's just a spot of light drizzle, other days it could be steady rain all day, the very heavy torrential downpours that we see here are usually short and very sharp and quite often the sun comes out immediately afterwards. I know it must be absolutely dreadful for people coming here on much looked forward to vacations (I'd be the same) but the weather is unreliable across central Italy for much of the year bar July / August.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather HELP.

Thank you, it is what it is, we will still have a great time

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather HELP.

That's the spirit for you certainly will!

Finland
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather HELP.

lele, don't worry. Just pack a little foldable umbrella. I was there last week and had great wheather even though Il Meteo promised rain and thunder almost every day. 😊 I checked the website daily. In the end it was just a few quick showers and only once it poured down but that was over quickly too. The weather was so good I burned my scalp.

Reply to: Weather HELP.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted