We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
90 posts
39 reviews
Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

Our family is planning a July trip to Florence and Tuscany, and have identified several nice vacation rentals we are considering in the Oltrarno. Have found one in particular that is cross-listed between Airbnb and the Halldis site, and obviously rented by Halldis. It's almost $200 less on the Halldis site, and we can't figure out why, but are obviously inclined to rent direct from them if we can save the money. My question: has anyone on this forum rented through Halldis? What has been your experience?

Many thanks.

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,457 Reviews
from USD 105.30*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
805 Reviews
from USD 105.30*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,436 Reviews
from USD 105.30*
5 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

What is Halldis? I have never heard of this.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

I booked through them for my trip coming up at the end of this month. We also booked directly through them, the cost difference seems to be due to the expense for them to post on those other sites. That is why it's cheaper to book directly with them. They're also affiliated with Windows on Italy. They sent links to complete the deposit and payments of vat tax etc. I'll update you after the stay is complete.

They've been prompt to answer my questions at various points throughout the process. So far so good!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
90 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

Thanks for the response. We’ll also post on our experience.

New Windsor
Level Contributor
307 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

I rented an apartment last year from Halldis next to Campo di fiori in Rome. Very happy with the whole experience. Pictures of the apartment were accurate as the description of everything associated with the apartment. And at a very good price. Halldis people were great. Very helpful answering my questions and throughout the experience. They arranged a limo to pick us up at the airport for the same price the taxis charged. Ditto leaving. They even let us stay in the apartment passed the normal time since our flight was later in the evening which was greatly appreciated. We stayed to 5PM instead of having to leave at noon. I can't say anything about the Florence, Tuscany crew, but the Rome crew were more than we expected. I would use them again without any reservations. Enjoy your trip.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,248 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis

"I can't say anything about the Florence, Tuscany crew,"

Reply to: Booking an apartment rental through Halldis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted