We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with view of the Arno?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Hotel with view of the Arno?

Can anyone suggest a hotel? Want to look out my window on the first day and see the river in front. Doesn't necessarily have to be 5☆.

12 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

There are many but a couple that don't often get a mention on this board include the Balestri (some rooms even have terraces) or if you are prepared to walk a bit further (20 mins to centre, lovely walk) the Hotel River is a nice option. The Hermitage (overlooking the Ponte Vecchio) is another that's not 5 star but has rooms with river views.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 22:57
Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

The Principe is a lovely, small, four-star hotel with lovely views of the river, the Oltr'Arno, and the Bellosguardo hillside. Some of the rooms have terraces. It is a couple of minutes walk west of the five-star St. Regis and Excelsior hotels, which have the same views, and it is a 15-20 minute walk from just about all the sites in the historic center.

http://www.hotelprincipe.com

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

I stayed in the 4 * Berchielli about 15 years ago. Nice hotel actually on The Lungarno had a river view room that you could just about see the Ponte Vecchio from

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

I hope to be going to the Berchielli next Sunday for 11 nights - not in a river view room, unfortunately. Even a single away from the river is a bit of a splurge for me.

I often thought that should I ever come into a fortune (not very likely) that I would like to stay in a room with a view of the Arno in the Hotel Lungarno. As far as I know, it's the only hotel in central Florence that is right over the river without a road in between.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,379 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

The Berchielli is very nice. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Have stayed there several times (but not recently). I think you will really like it, Lady B.

P.S, - if you stay at the Excelsior or St Regis on Piazza Ognissanti (fat chance!) you won't notice that there is a road between the hotels and the river :)

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

Thank you, Pericoloso. I'm looking forward to it, I've always thought that it looked very nice.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
838 posts
7. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

We stayed at the Westin Excelsior last week and the room had two balconies that looked out at the Arno. The views were very nice. The balconies were not large enough for chairs, but we could stand outside and look out.

The Westin also had a very nice roof top bar / restaurant that had even more extensive views. We were quite happy staying at the Westin.

Carole

Edited: 15 May 2018, 12:02
North Carolina
Level Contributor
249 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

Have stayed at Berchielli twice in past three years and without a doubt, the best on the Arno. Deluxe river view is to die for. Everything about this hotel is the best; staff, cleanliness, convenience and breakfast---can't be beat for the price. Have at it and enjoy Firenze.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
838 posts
9. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

The Berchielli looks nice.

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Hotel with view of the Arno?

Chris P

Would you please tell us how the facilities and the service at the Berchielle compare with those at the Lungarno, the St. Regis, and the Excelsior?

Reply to: Hotel with view of the Arno?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted