We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

SF, CA
Level Contributor
245 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

This is what it says on the website:

✤ Valid for 30 days from the date selected for the visit on the calendar at the moment of the purchase

✤ Usable for 72 hours from the first passage

I was under the impression that if I buy tickets today for July 1, that the tickets would be valid for entry anytime between July 1 and July 30, but once I first use the ticket, it expires after 72 hours. However, according to the customer service rep from the official website, the tickets would only be valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. So if I want a ticket for July 1, I can only purchase 30 days in advance.

Has anyone experienced this, i.e. where they have purchased a ticket more than 30 days in advance and then found the ticket to be invalid when they arrive at the Duomo?

Best Seller
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
7,336 Reviews
from USD 107.00*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Full-Day Tour with Lunch...
781 Reviews
from USD 107.00*
Best Seller
Florence to Cinque Terre Hiking Day...
3,383 Reviews
from USD 107.00*
4 replies to this topic
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,496 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

The Duomo is free:

https:/…1-cathedral

Can you provide the link regarding 30 days?

It is mandatory to book a time to climb the Dome.

SF, CA
Level Contributor
245 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

Sorry - I meant the Cumulative ticket which provides access to the museum and the dome climb. Here is the link:

https://grandemuseodelduomo.waf.it/en/cumula…

The reference to the 30 days is on the right side of the page.

Here is the response I received from customer service:

According your request I inform you that you can active your ticket within 30 days from the purchasing date, and from the first use of it, the tickets lasts 72 hours.

This isn't how I interpreted the info on the website, but it sounds like you can only purchase tickets 30 days in advance.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 07:35
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

The 30 days starts from the date you select on the calendar, so July 1 to July 31. See the link below which has a report in Italian about updates to the ticket earlier this year.

This is a Google Translate of the relevant part of the link.

"At the same time, however, the validity of the ticket will be extended from the current 48 to 72 hours from the moment of the first access to one of the monuments, and to 30 days - compared to 6 in progress - from the date selected during the purchase procedure."

artribune.com/professioni-e-professionisti/…

SF, CA
Level Contributor
245 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?

That makes complete sense to me. Otherwise, why would they be selling tickets through to December 2018? It's sad I got misinformation from customer service, but I'm glad I got the correct into now. Thanks for the link to the article.

Reply to: Duomo Tickets Only Valid for 30 Days From Date of Purchase?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted