We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

Mascoutah, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

How much would a private car/ driver cost from the train station in Florence to the Castello Vicchiomaggio. ( Greve in Chianti) Do not wish to rent a car or take a bus. Can anyone suggest a company to call to secure a private car/ driver? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Castello Vicchiomaggio
Castello Vicchiomaggio
483 Reviews
Greve in Chianti, Italy
Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,237 Reviews
from USD 103.80*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,346 Reviews
from USD 103.80*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
762 Reviews
from USD 103.80*
5 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

Contact the taxi company at:

http://www.4242.it/

We have been doing business with them for decades and have found them to be very reliable.

They have a fare calculator on the website, which shows the price of the trip from Florence to Greve as about 62 euros.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,375 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

If you don't have a car, what are you going to do when you get to Greve?

Mascoutah, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

Thanks for advice on the taxi company.

We are just planning to relax a couple days at Castello Vicchiomaggio. Booked 2 nights there.

Mentioned in this post
Castello Vicchiomaggio
Castello Vicchiomaggio
483 Reviews
Greve in Chianti, Italy
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

Vicchiomaggio is, as I'm sure you know, in the middle of nowhere but I can appreciate it would be a very nice place just to relax for a couple of days without the pressure of having to do anything / go anywhere. Too far to walk into Greve, the nearest hamlet is little Greti where's the diddleysquat besides, if I remember rightly, a small trattoria, but I'm sure if you did suddenly decide you wanted to go into Greve itself, the people at the castle will be able to arrange for the local taxi man to take you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
277 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio

Castello Vicchiomaggio is beautiful and you could park yourself there for two days and not go anywhere...I get it...looks like that is what she wants....yes they can arrange a quick trip into Greve for shopping, eating and browsing or set up a longer trip to other wineries or hill towns close by......transportation will be easy to get in Firenze and I would estimate that 60 euros is close to the price for the 45-60 min journey ...take advice posted here or ask the concierge at the castello for her recommendation for transport..she will know multiple options ....go enjoy the serenity there ..drink their fine Chianti Classico and enjoy your time there ...the people are nice and the grounds beautiful this time of year

Mentioned in this post
Castello Vicchiomaggio
Castello Vicchiomaggio
483 Reviews
Greve in Chianti, Italy
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
344 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Reply to: Florence to Castello Vicchiomaggio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted