We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

As the title really... I'm planning on visiting Florence one day next week, and would really appreciate your recommendations on what to visit?

I've already booked tickets to Il Grande Museo Del Duomo but not sure which else.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations :)

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,341 Reviews
from USD 107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
782 Reviews
from USD 107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,390 Reviews
from USD 107.60*
4 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

How many hours will you have?

https:/…Local.Walks.Florence.In.One.Day.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

I'm hoping to get into Florence at around 10.30/11am (Duomo is booked for 3pm), and no set time to leave.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

Have a read of that article and if there is something that appeals, look it up in the FAQs on the right (Museums, churches etc.

The most important thing is to just wander around - the city itself is a wonderful museum. There are a number of lengthy trip reports on here, have a look at a couple.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?

With so little time, I would strongly recommend investing now in a good guide book, ideally one of those that lists "Florence highlights" for it's very difficult for us as strangers, not knowing your likes and dislikes, to suggest too much. Do you want to concentrate exclusively on art? Are you moved by churches? Would you like to walk, explore the narrow lanes, take in a little of Florentine life away from the tourist traps? Would you like to shop for clothes, accessories, souvenirs or spend time trying out local culinary specialities, wine taste?

Reply to: 1 Day in Florence - What Should I see?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted