We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Hi there,

We are a couple in our 50's travelling from Florence on Sept 6 needing to be in Rome on Sept 14th. We will hire a car and enjoy sights, shopping, people, food and wine. I was hoping that someone may be able to advise regarding places to see and where to stay, perhaps as a base to travel to and from. Some of the ideas on my list so far include: Spello, the Val d'Orcia, Montepulciano, Spoleto, Tivoli, Chieti, Lucca, Orvieto, Todi. I realise I haven't listed those towns in any logical order so I'm hoping that's where you may be able to help.....a logical pathway! I would love suggestions of towns that may not have come to mind for me but were magical for you and you'd like to share. We don't just want to stop in highly touristic places. Thanks so much in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

6 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,800 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

With 8 days then you have sufficient time to immerse yourself rather well in these areas. I would choose two lodging hubs during those 8 days such as Montepulciano for Tuscany touring, then Orvieto or Todi for the Umbrian stay. Plan 4 days in each area, then take day trips around those hubs to take in some of the towns which you mentioned above.

You will only have to change lodgings twice. plus gives you the local feel as you return daily to your lodging with your treasures from your day trip.

Have a look at www.booking.com for those two destinations, then put in your travel dates and amenities.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8,409 posts
1,089 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Always Val D’Orcia for us... We have just returned from our third trip to Tuscany and I can post a link to my trip report, if you want.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Northern Lazio is an obvious choice if you want beauty without the tourists...

see here:

arttrav.com/it/…

www.minorsights.com/search/label/Lazio?

melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Fantastic info. Thanks.....will explore further.

melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Hi there and thanks for your response. Would love you to post your link....the more info the better!

melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!

Thanks so much for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Reply to: 8 days from Florence to Rome - What not to miss!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted