We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks

Husband and I are traveling to Tuscany for 2 weeks in october with our toddler. Not sure where to use as a base.

We like nature walks (easy ones), wine, good food, beautiful scenery, somewhere within an hours drive to Florence perhaps as we would like to explore Florence more.

Thinking of a farm stay, or a b&b or hire our own villa.

Any comments and tips are appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
3 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks

With a little one I think I would try to book my own place. If you have a place with kitchen facilities you can make breakfast on your own and take the little one back to the villa for a nap, etc. I think it would be much easier to manage a small child in your own place. Also, they could run around outside and let off energy and you also would not have to worry about subjecting hotel guests to noise from a child. What area of Tuscany do you want?

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks

https:/…greve_in_chianti

Here's a list of places to rent around Greve in Chianti, which is around an hour on the public bus to Florence. Even if you have a car, you don't want to drive into the city centre as you can park and there are traffic restrictions so far better you go on public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Greve in Chianti
Greve in Chianti
Florence
Florence
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks

I’m not too sure just yet. I’ve been doing some reading of different areas and so far only really know of Tuscany from what I see in pictures! Rolling hills, terra cotta villas, ... I’m still learning about the area but I have been to Florence (only briefly) and would like to explore around that area. But I’m open to suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Reply to: A base in Tuscany with toddler for 2 weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted