We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Ortigia

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Ortigia

I´m planning to be in Sicily next March and I´ve been reading many reviews about the hotels in Ortigia but I still haven´t chosen one. It seems to me that most of the best reviewed ones don´t have elevator, or have thin walls, small dark rooms etc. To make it easier, I decided to stay in Syracuse without a car. However, since my husband has spinal disc herniation, we do need a central hotel with elevator. Can someone help me please?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

Ciao NadiaMontagna,

You would find lifts at these Ortigia hotels -

Hotel Livingston, Royal Maniace Hotel, Algilà Ortigia Charme Hotel, Hotel Roma, Des Etrangers Hotel & SPA, Hotel Gutkowski, Domus Mariae Benessere, Grand Hotel Ortigia....

Vagabonda

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

Hi Vagabonda

as always you are precise and effective in advising and answering our questions. God bless you!! Nadia

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

Prego Nadia,

There are some excellent possibilities in this list, so hopefully you will find an acceptable accommodation.

You might also find this thread discussing the hotel useful - Where should I stay?:

tripadvisor.com/…40423322

The best -

Vagabonda

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

Vagabonda, you're great!

I chose the Livingstone. As I decided to return the car arriving in Syracuse and not stress me, so I need a transfer at a good price to take me to the "grand finale" - TAORMINA. Would you know someone who can do this? may be a taxi or transfer for 2. Thanks again. Nadia

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,189 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

Grazie mille Nadia!

Hotel Livingston is an excellent hotel on Ortigia!

Contact Christian at New Travel Services for reliable services and competitive rates!

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g580233-d1…

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Hotel in Ortigia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse