We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Ortigia

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Parking in Ortigia

We're thinking of staying for 4 nights in Ortigia in June 2018. Haven't booked accommodation yet. I understand that some hotels/b & bs offer the services of a paid carpark but what are the options for accommodations that don't offer that? Are there public carparks available and if so are they safe and how much do they cost? How would we get our luggage to our hotel (large suitcases)? Thanks for your help :-)

13 replies to this topic
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Parking in Ortigia

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18789…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18789…

Edited: 25 November 2017, 06:38
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
2. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Thanks so much for your reply and links - very informative. However how do we get our suitcases to our accommodation if we park our car in the Talete parking lot? Is there a shuttle service?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,199 posts
3. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Hi Ruby62,

Siracusa changes its parking regulations and ZTL regulations multiple times in a year, and so if you use the search, then sort by date, because the above threads are outdated.

There is a new ZTL system on Ortigia now.

Siracusa. ZTL, da sabato entra in vigore il nuovo sistema: orari, pass, telecamere e parcheggi

siracusatimes.it/siracusa-ztl-da-sabato-entr…

There are two public parking stations, Talete and Molo S. Antonio on the mainland.

…siracusa.it/images/…Parcheggio_Talete.pdf

…siracusa.it/images/doc/Mobilit%C3%A0_e_tras…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,199 posts
4. Re: Parking in Ortigia

If you book an accommodation on Ortigia, you would be permitted to enter the ZTL to unload your luggage, but confirm that your accommodation does indeed pass your plate information onward to the authorities.

Vagabonda

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
5. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Thank you Vagabonda - we'll be sure to do this once we've booked accommodation.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,199 posts
6. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Prego Ruby62,

Yes, set your accommodation, secure in writing that they will notify the authorities, and then reconfirm on arrival. that they have followed-through with the notification.

And you'll be fine!

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

St. Catharines...
5 posts
7. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Hello

Maybe I'm not reading this important post correctly, but I don't understand how to notify your accommodation in Ortigia with your rental car license plate when you don't have that information until you pick up the rental car at the airport. My husband and I will be arriving May 4, 2018 in Catania, renting a car and driving to Ortigia, Hotel Gutkowski, and planning to park at Talete parking lot. When do I notify the hotel with our plate information?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,199 posts
8. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Welcome to Sicily ckusyj!

You would provide that information to your hotel on arrival, and then Hotel Gutkowski would notify the authorities.

But Hotel Gutkowski is located so near Talete that you could first park, and then walk over to the hotel.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,199 posts
9. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Talete is located outside the ZTL.

Vagabonda

St. Catharines...
5 posts
10. Re: Parking in Ortigia

Thank you Vagabonda for easing my worried mind. That's why we chose that hotel after I read a past post of yours suggesting that. Have a great day informing us all

Ckusyj

Reply to: Parking in Ortigia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse