We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

Liberty ferry Line schedule indicates last ferry from Palermo to Panarea is September 3rd. Can anyone tell me the name of the port in Palermo where this ferry departs? I like to buy the ticket at the port. I'll be arriving in Palermo August 31st to be able to watch the weather and be sure we can get a ferry before September 3rd. I know we'd have to rearrange our travel schedule to drive down to Milazzo (3 hours) to take the ferry from that port.

This will be our 3rd trip to Palermo - Panarea so we are familiar with the area. But this is our first attempt to travel this time of year in order to get a ferry from Palermo port rather than from Milazzo.

We also know that our return Panarea to Palermo will require us to ferry to Milazzo.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,468 posts
1. Re: ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

Hi NJKate2013, and welcome back!

There's only one daily service from Palermo, and so book this ticket online now.

If there are weather issues, and the service doesn't run, you would be refunded.

If the trip is not made for adverse weather and sea conditions, what should I do?:

eng.libertylines.it/news-detail.php?id=71

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,468 posts
2. Re: ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

And for Palermo, http://eng.libertylines.it/ticket-offices.php

Vagabonda

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

Thank you for your advice. I will book on line.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,468 posts
4. Re: ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

Prego NJKate2013,

Liberty Lines recommends booking in advance.

eng.libertylines.it/news-detail.php?id=71

Is it convenient or necessary to book my trip in advance?

Each vessel has a set number of seats which varies according to type and which can not be exceeded in anyway. Therefore, it is not possible to issue more tickets than the actual number of available seats and standing is not allowed. During holidays, mid or high season or always in the case of busier periods, we recommend you buy your ticket in advance so as to ensure a ticket for your preferred time.

Vagabonda

5. Re: ferry Palermo to Panarea Sept 2 or 3, 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2018, 14:18