We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluestone Sicily Tours

Townsville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bluestone Sicily Tours

Hi,

My husband and I are from Australia. We're travelling to Sicily in May . Can anyone that has used Bluestone confirm their credibility. I can't seem to find anyone that has used them lately. I need to book a tour of Sicily very soon, and like their itinierary, but am hesitant because there are no positive reviews. Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,637 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Welcome to Sicily Bellodal!

Although no one has submitted a review for Bluestone, there have been comments on these forums from those who have taken Bluestone tours – Perhaps contact MTemple212 and also request references from Bluestone.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…12343964

Bluestone is often recommended on these forums...

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Hi, my wife and I also from Australia were considering the Bluestone Sicily tour and were wondering if you were succesful with your enquiries and have toured with this company, if so what was your experience.

Thanks J & B

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Hi, my wife and I also from Australia were considering the Bluestone Sicily tour and were wondering if you were succesful with your enquiries and have toured with this company, if so what was your experience.

Thanks J & B

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,637 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Welcome to Sicily John H!

Bellodal is travelling now in May - Contact MTemple212....

Vagabonda

PerthWA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Hi there

Did you ever take the tour? I am thinking of taking a tour with Bluestone and would appreciate any reviews.....

Thanks, Donna, Perth WA

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,637 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Welcome to Sicily Donna G!

Bluestone tourism reviews?:

tripadvisor.com/…49057503

Vagabonda

wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

I tried to book a tour in sicily with this company & explained I was taking my mum( for her birthday) who has some mobility problems, can walk a fair bit but we would be taking a wheelchair for me to push her. Also explained that if we could not manage any of the tours etc, we would go off on our own at our own pace or have a coffee etc. The reply II got was "TO BE HONEST WITH YOU,I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT IN THIS TOURS, THERE IS ALSO WALKING TIME & THERE IS ALSO STAIRS TO DO, SO MY PERSONAL ADVICE , IS TO NOT BOOK OUR TOURS! I AM SORRY THAT WE CANT HELP YOU"!!!! We had no special needs to bother them with! What a slap in the face, is this disability discrimination or what??/ I normally find people in Italy very kind if you have a wheelchair. So my advice is...if you have any mobility problems, no matter how small, dont approach this company! Sept, 2013

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,637 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Quite the opposite florrie25!

This is not disability discrimination, but honesty.

Though improving, Sicily isn't the most disability-friendly destination, and many sites aren't accessible in a wheelchair, and even challenging for those with limited mobility.

frommers.com/destinations/…0771028782.html

It was forthcoming of this company to indicate that they couldn't accommodate your needs.

Vagabonda

wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

well excuse me, then why is it that companies like travelsphere, riviera, archers etc etc who weve been with before can manage to take someone with a wheelchair to Italy & they are foreign uk companies!We managed very well, as she is not permanently in a wheelchair, just when she gets tired. We walked into /around hotels,we put the wheelchair on the transport/bus & at any destinations we managed fine Tuscany, Como, sorrento etc.In sicily we only needed tranport to a place & would have been quite happy to do what we could manage ( without bothering anyone else),which has been in the past quite a bit!!! so Im afraid I have to disagree with you in your over the top defence of the response we got. Firstly, this companys advantage is they are totally familiar with the country they are touring in & could have suggested what was possible & what was not!, just seeing the views while travelling would have been great. Secondly, there was absolutely no efforts (courtesy) from them to ask about the our specific problems to see if we could manage their programme & nor did they attempt to offer any alternative suggestions or companies that may have helped us!! They didnt need to do anything. Dont they get any older more feeble people going on their tours or is it just for the super fit !!At the very least the reply was thoughless & rude.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,637 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bluestone Sicily Tours

Sicily is less developed than Mainland Italy, and unfortunately lagging on servicing disabled travellers as indicated in the above link.

The message was more indicative of a language issue than anything else.

Vagabonda