We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

We are planning to rent a villa in Cefalu, big step for us, for we always book hotels, but will be there for 2 weeks, does anyone have any experience with

solosicily.com/villas-in-sicily/sc141_costan…

Also the agent Solosicily?

Any thoughts you might have would be a great help

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,686 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Welcome to Sicily BrianALynch!

soloSicily is reputable and reliable, and Gioacchino is enthusiastic, energetic and supportive

soloSicily is a good choice for villa rentals. soloSicily is a member of ABTOI (Association of British Travel Organisers to Italy) and ASTA (The American Society of Travel Agents).

Villa Costanza is a beautiful house and Cefalù is a good base for exploring Palermo and Sicily’s northern coast.

With two weeks however, you might consider two destinations - Diversity of location, destinations, experiences.....

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

Palermo
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Dear Bryan,

I'd like to take advantage of this post and therefore to publicly apologise for some incovenince caused whilst at villa Costanza:

Unfortunatly this client has experinced some electrical issues during his stay. The cefalù area, in August, soak-up to much energy from the several hotels fully booked by the mass market travelling in that particular month and due to an electrical box at the house, which delivered only 6KW/h we faced difficulties when keeping several items on, such as airconditioning, pool lights, external lights etc.

Villa Costanza is a relatevely new property on our portfolio (5 months now), this is the first summer season we had in this particular villa, and right after this experince we equipped the house with a 10KW/h electrical box that will delivery much more energy to the house making sure we have enough power even in a busy month as August.

I'd also confirm that we put all of our effort, both us and the property owner, to sort this problem out whilst Brian was there and we partially successed.

The client has also reported some issues with ants and termites, and so after his stay we've started a disinfestation proceedure.

Mr. Brian was a very kind man as well as the whole family seemed to understand the problems and cope with those during their stay.

For this reason we've now offered a consistence discount for any other villas for the next future. The client has part of his family in Sicily so he'd certainly take advantage of this offer.

Again, I personally apologise for the problems caused at the villa and we'll put all of our effort to make sure villa Costanza will match soon our high standard criteria.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,686 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Grazie soloSicily – Has this incident changed any vetting procedures when considering a property for your listings so an incident like this wouldn’t occur in the first place?

http://www.solosicily.com/

Ciao -

Vagabonda

Palermo
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Hello Vagabonda,

yes, of course it did!

From now on we are going to make sure, for such a huge villas where energy power is a big issue, that all of the properties are equipped with an electrical box of no less than 10KW/h.

During low season months, when touristic areas are empty, 6KW/h might be more than enough. However we can't risk again such a situation when the area get busy by the mass toursm flow.

Regards,

Gioacchino Sortino

Edited: 31 August 2010, 19:37
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,686 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Grazie Gioacchino,

What about your criteria for vetting a property in other areas??

And what recourse does a client have in real time? Who would they contact – You, the owner of the property? Who is on the ground in Sicily to assist with problems?

Vagabonda

Palermo
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Prego Vagabonda,

The criteria for vetting a villa for our portfolio are mostly the same in all areas of Sicily. We always require good access facilities to get to the villa for example road conditions... high quality essential furnitures, swimming pool equipped or seafront located, excellent & secure infrustructure conditions, full availability of the property owners/managers, reasonable distance to a town/shops/restaurant/general facilities such as banks, pharmacy, hospital etc...

Regarding recourse in real time, honestly speaking - in 4 years of business with hundreds of families hosted in Sicily, we might count 3 or 4 clients reporting problems of such a huge importance.

I can also assure that everytime a problem occurred we always paid a visit to the client at the villa right the same day or no later than the day after to offer our assistance as the agency is based in Palermo.

In those cases we have always offered a similar villa available at a reasonable distance from that one already booked or a full refund for the incovenience caused in case they'd be ready to leave the house. As a matter of fact, this can be also confirmed by Mr. Bryan.

Also, we have always successed in solving those problems as we partially did for the reservation on object.

On top of that, we are ready to provide email addresses of past clients booking with us, collected on our "Clients' Feedback" webpage on our website who can guarantee our professionality and reliability.

Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify any further this situation.

Regards,

Gioacchino

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,686 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Grazie mille Gioacchino - This thread will be invaluable for future reference.

The best -

Vagabonda

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

He is correct, i contacted him, we discussed the issues, and he did come to visit the villa the following day, unfortunately there was little that could be done with the situation. Hopefully they correct this at this location. If anyone is interested,in my thoughts on this location, they can certainly email me.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,686 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

Thanks for the update and your comments BrianALynch...

Kind regards,

Vagabonda

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone have experience with this villa in Cefalu?

If anyone needs any additional information regarding my experiences with this villa or solo Sicily, please send me a private message, I would be glad to help out.