We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help re buses to the beach please

Garstang
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Urgent help re buses to the beach please

Hello,

Planning on visiting the Oktogano beach tomorrow and trying to get bus times and stop information is impossible.

I know we get a No 4 or 5 bus, but which stop do we get off at for that beach?

Also - on our last day can we leave our luggage at the airport and get to the beach easily from there? It says it's a couple of minutes away.

Thank you!

1 reply
Garstang
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Urgent help re buses to the beach please

So I'm replying to myself after struggling to get the information.

You do take the number 4 bus from via indipendenza (the second road in front of the train station) or the stop further up which turns into a different road name. - both have signs marked 4 at the bottom.

Get off at the last stop which goes past all the beaches for the Oktagano club or the one next to it.

From what I saw, the free beaches were mostly rocky platforms in the sea with some shingles and the free ones next to the beach club were full of rubbish as I guess they are never cleaned.

The beach club is nice but only offers umbrellas in the Summer and there is no natural shade out there for those who burn.

The buses - even in May ran quite regularly and up until late at night. On a Sunday they ran hourly. I had to download the timetable off the website - just googled "number 4 bus times Brindisi" - their website is also in English.

All the buses just require a standar ticket bought from the newsagents or train station which cost €1 Stamp them when you get on the bus.

Wasn't very impressed with any of the beaches but the beach clubs have the nicest - albeit v small, strip of sand.

Reply to: Urgent help re buses to the beach please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted