We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brindisi itinerary

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Brindisi itinerary

My husband and I are planning a lightening fast Italy trip, just 4-5 days long. We have found a great deal on flight tickets to Brindisi. Since we have such a short time, I was wondering if there is enough to do to justify spending our entire holiday in Brindisi with possible day trips to nearby towns. Is it advisable to get a rental car for this or can we rely on public transport?

I realize Brindisi is far from being one of the more hyped Italian destinations so I am wondering if it has enough charm to keep us happy for 4-5 days. Or would we be better off spending maybe a day in Brindisi and then moving on to say Naples? I am kind of tempted to do this because as much as we love off-the-beaten-path travel, I do want to see some of the more popular spots as well. We will however have to return to Brindisi for our return flight.

This will be our first trip to Italy (barring a 12 hour Rome layover where we quickly saw a few major sites) and we will be traveling with an infant. Our interests include food, culture and nature with a smattering of history. Any advise?

11 replies to this topic
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
1. Re: Brindisi itinerary

We are travelling to Brindisi in 3 weeks time. I have looked at various tourist info sites and believe there are several places worthy of a visit. We're keen to visit Lecce and Otranto and others that take our fancy whilst there. You might find this useful:

thetravelmagazine.net/top-10-places-see-pugl…

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Brindisi itinerary

Thank you so much for replying. I had some of these towns on my radar so glad to see those thoughts reinforced :) We're going to be there in about 3 weeks too! Do you have any itinerary planned for your stay? I've found some information on car rentals but any other suggestions on how to get around?

Level Contributor
863 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Brindisi itinerary

With an infant I would definetely rent a car so you can visit cities and villages freely.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Brindisi itinerary

Thank you! That's what we thought too. We've loved the freedom of roadtrips in our previous travels and feel it might be a good fit for our first trip with baby as well. Any suggestions on where to rent from? And how are the roads and parking availability in Brindisi and Naples?

Level Contributor
863 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Brindisi itinerary

Sorry, I don't live there so I have no recent information about parking etc.

Salento (the southern part of Puglia) is very enjoyable, Lecce is stunning and Otranto and Gallipoli are really nice. There are other villages around Brindisi like Ostuni and Alberobello that I think are worth a visit (but I have never been there). The food is amazing, too. And the beaches are among the best in Italy (but therefore crowded in summer).

Driving to Naples, honestly, is a long drive (380 km) and you DO NOT want to drive in the city as the traffic is mad. I understand you want to see the most but I am afraid you would spend a lot of time travelling.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Brindisi itinerary

Thank you LostInRoma for all your help. Will research more into those towns and plan an itinerary accordingly.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Brindisi itinerary

We are leasing a peugot to do the whole Europe trip (3 months) July-Sept, I found an app called 'parkguru' I am hoping its accurate, hope that helps you with parking

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Brindisi itinerary

Thank you! We're just back from our trip but I'm sure parkguru will come in handy for our next trip!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Brindisi itinerary

how did your trip go? did you hire a car? did they rip u off? as I always seem to get ripped off for car hire in italy

Edited: 24 May 2018, 04:43
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Brindisi itinerary

The trip was amazing! Yes the car was expensive but it was worth it as we had an infant with us and it just made everything so much easier. We paid around 143 euros for 5 days for an automatic Yaris. Not sure if that's a rip off by Italy standards but it was the best we could find at the time of the booking.

Reply to: Brindisi itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted