We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve and New Year's day in Venice

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve and New Year's day in Venice

Hello,

We are a family with two young adult children. We will be in Venice for a few days living in Castello as part of a home exchange. What are your suggestions for a new years eve celebration in Venice?Preferably something on a medium budget.

And on new years day are cafes, bars and restaurants open? Any special events going on?

Thank you!

Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,555 reviews
from USD 56.00*
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
770 reviews
from USD 192.70*
Best Seller
Murano, Burano and Torcello Half-Day...
4,185 reviews
from USD 24.90*
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
277 reviews
from USD 80.80*
2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
515 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve and New Year's day in Venice

New Years Eve in Venice is like any other day. It will be crowded because of the holiday. As far as budget, restaurants offer special celebratory dinner menu for more $$ I would suggest you take a walk as you get to Venice and reserve something if it looks good. There will be fireworks but I am not sure whether it will be in San Marco Square. Google for this info. New Year's Day will start slow. I cannot think of anything special to do in Venice other than walk the calli and enjoy yourself. On Lido there will be people swimming in icy water. They do it every year. There is a term of art for this practice but I cannot recall what it is called. Google for time. It is kind of nuts but in a good way (as long as you are not one of the swimmers :-)

2. Re: New Year's Eve and New Year's day in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2018, 21:23

Reply to: New Year's Eve and New Year's day in Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted