We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asti on Sundays

UK
1 post
Save Topic
Asti on Sundays

I am planning a trip to Asti on Sunday 24 May 09, I was wondering if anyone knew what would be open and what we could do during the day & evening on a Sunday. Thanks very much

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asti on Sundays

Sadly Asti is somewhat dull on Sunday unless there is a festival or fair in town, and there are none listed in the events calendar this year. Churches are of course open, Asti's cathedral is reputed as being one of the best in Piedmont, my own favourite is the Collegiata in Pza San Secondo, a wonderful piece of romanesque architecture. Restaurants are open of course, and also the Sant'Anastasio Museum/Crypt and the San Pietro complex plus you can also climb one of the 100 towers, aptly named the Torre Troyana or Trojan tower. Better if you come on Saturday which is not only market day, but all the shops will be open, and Asti has a good collection of smart boutiques and nice shops.

2. Re: Asti on Sundays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2009, 15:28
Get answers to your questions about Asti