We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B / Apartments near Asti

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
B & B / Apartments near Asti

Planning trip to Piedmont area next fall during month of Sept. My husband and I really want to attend the Palio in Asti. Apartments "i Tre Torchi" in Mombercelli look lovely online, and are very reasonably priced. Has anyone stayed there? We are a retired couple who love to tour the countryside, eat good food (basic home cooking) and visit small villages, beautiful churches, drink a little wine. Plan to spend a few days in Torino before going to countryside, and probably a few on Lake Maggiore at end of trip before departing from Malpensa. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also, thanks to all for previous assistance. This is a great forum and so helpful when planning a vacation.

Turin, Italy
Destination Expert
for Turin
Level Contributor
577 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B / Apartments near Asti

I recommend you book well in advance if you want to attend Palio in Asti: there are many events in September and quite a crowd.

These sites will help you to your first planning

http://www.torinopiupiemonte.com

and

http://www.piemontefeel.org

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B / Apartments near Asti

Zorba: Thank you for your response. I will visit the websites you recommended.

Prittlbach, Germany
Level Contributor
574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B / Apartments near Asti

Hi,

we went to the palio this year, it's great! We were lucky to get some tickets for the races when we came to Asti, they were nearly sold out, so you probably better book in advance if you want a seat to see the races. Best seating IMHO is Tribuna Roero or Tribuna Malabaila close to the curve. You will have the participants of the historical procession and later the horses coming towards you with the sun in your back, which is good for taking photos. The rest of Corso Alfieri lies in the shadow most of the time in the afternoon.

During the Palio there is also a big wine tasting session in town (Douja D'or), very recommendable.

We like the area very much, Alba is also a nice town to visit, and the surrounding villages are great. We've been to La Morra twice, certainly fits your bill.

4. Re: B & B / Apartments near Asti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Asti