We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Madrid
3 posts
Save Topic
Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Hello ,

Curious about taking an Externship in Italy and ran across this Restraunt affiliated with a Culinary program that I will be taking in NYC. Anyway if Anyone could provide me with the Lifestyle of a Local in this part of Italy and any other information concerning ASTI...

That would be great : )

I am living in Madrid , Espana so let me know if I can reciprocate !

Adios, Thanks again

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

What do you mean by "Lifestyle of a Local".

Click on tab Asti overview in right side column for information about Asti.

hasta la vista

(Asti's historic name was "Hasta")

Madrid
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Thanks fo rthe reply ,

Well I was just trying to distinguish what Habits are typical of an individual from ASTI ? Is this a small town that closes up @ 22:00 with a family oriented society or are there an Universities near the area that make it lively in the evenings ? Basically I am single and would be re-locating there simply for studying; however during my free-time what are some suggestions for entertainment when the sun goes down? Any Nearby Cities with bigger action ? How far is the Coast by Car ?

Thanks for any info you could give me ! Also about that Restraunt have you ever been or know anything about its reputation ?

Also have bene looking seriously into Nieve ,

(Restaurant - La Contea)

Adios, Brad

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Asti is a small town (100,000) and not too lively at night for young people except on weekends. Torino is 30 minutes away and you would probably find it more what you are looking for.

Gener Neuv is regarded as one of Asti's better restuarants, however I am not too keen on it as it is expensive compared to the many smaller trattoria and osterie in these parts and the cuisine is more towards what I call international Italian instead of Piedmontese, but thats only an opinion.

Neive is tiny compared to Asti, a hill town and for you would be dead in the evenings. La Contea is regarded as one of the better restuarants, and again I find it expensive compared to local places and frankly I was disapointed by the food.

Madrid
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Awesome , Thanks so much for your thoughts. Will coninue to invest some time to research these places with a trip as well, the only reference i have to seeing Itlay is a 5 day trip to Rome and of course that doesn't provide me with a solid base to determine the Italian Culture . I may be wrong but, isn't there a Festival which includes a "Running of Horses" through a city ... Is this in Asti?

Thanks again : )

Brad

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

La Contea was great and not sure where the price issues were? We did cooking course in the afternoon, wine thrown in, had dinner there that night with specific wine for each course. It cost 80euro all up, bloody fantastic food and service.

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

Each to his own I suppose, personally I think that there are much better eating places around Langhe and Monferrato than La Contea, but thats my opinion...:-)

7. Re: Asti Restaurant - Gener Neuf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Asti