We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rental at lake Como?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Boat rental at lake Como?

We're travelling to lake Como (Menaggio) in August and we would like to hire a motorboat for 2 persons for a few hours to explore the lake. I'm finding it difficuilt to find information about boat rental companies in the area. I'm sure there are plenty of them but can anybody recommend a good one near Menaggio with a decent pricing?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rental at lake Como?

This is from the Como Guide website. I have no idea if it is up to date or not.

Boat rentals are a fun way to explore Lake Como's villas and churches which would otherwise be impossible to see from the road. You can rent a 40 HP boat without a license and expect to pay at least 75 Euros an hour. Gas is included in the price. There are boat rental companies in Cernobbio in the south, and in Dongo, Domaso, Gera Lario, and Sorico in the north. There is no motorboat rental company in Como, Italy.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,121 posts
2,006 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rental at lake Como?

There are a few boat hire places in Bellagio to use around Lake Como.

Its advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Smanboats - Tel +39 031 914621

or my-lake-como-holiday.com/136/…

www.sailingdays.it/english/crpbarche33lag.htm

3. Re: Boat rental at lake Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Como