We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival at airport - on to Lake Como

Birmingham
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Late arrival at airport - on to Lake Como

Hi there

I am trying to book some flights for Thursday 30 July. I can get flights into:-

Bergamo at 22.20 or Malpensa at 22.50.

We would like to head straigh to Como as we only have three days. Is it possible to do this by public transport (as it is late?). How much would a taxi cost?

Thank you

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Late arrival at airport - on to Lake Como

Hi Chrissy20, to reach Como from both airports you have to go through Milan.

There are trains from Malpensa to Como (changing in Saronno) but you arrive too late to catch it.

So you have to go through Milan.

From Milan central station you have trains to COMO SAN GIOVANNI and the possibility could be at 00:38am

arriving Como at 01:37am

Both aiport has shuttle bus to Milan Central train station - BERGAMO AITRPORT ORIO AL SERIO www.sacbo.it/Airpor/portalProcess.jsp…

MILANO MALPENSA

www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/malpensa/

Consider that Malpensa is exactly in bewtween Como and Milan so I believe due to the timing you arrive a taxi...could be the best idea!!!!the taxi could cost around 80 or 100 euros

2. Re: Late arrival at airport - on to Lake Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 18:23