We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for family to explore the Lakes & Switzerland

C M
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Best location for family to explore the Lakes & Switzerland

Hi all,

I am going to Italy with my parents (67 & 68) and 3 kids (11, 5,3) from July 23-30. I'm looking for a good location to stay base ourselves to visit the Lakes and Switzerland. Maybe do a day trip to Courmayeur if we can muster it.

I was looking at Como but it's overflowing w tourists at this time and it's been impossible to get a family friendly place to stay w a pool that is reasonably priced. I was thinking of either getting a house, villa or maybe stay at a nice agriturismo.

We will be there a week and I don't want to overwhelm the kids and pack each day with a million things. I'd like a nice central place to stay so if on a particular day we just want to stay in and relax, the kids can still have fun in the pool or horsebackriding or playing in a playground, etc. Any ideas? I'm totally stuck!! so any guidance at all will be greatly appreciated!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location for family to explore the Lakes & Switzerland

Consider Menaggio on Lake Como!

Menaggio is a convenient location for exploring Lake Como and Lake Lugano, and for taking trips into Switzerland (Soglio, Bernina Pass....).

http://www.menaggio.com/new/index.php?lang=EN

Use the Search box to retrieve many earlier threads.

Menaggio is also a good location for your parents and a wonderful base with children.

Things to do in lake como:

tripadvisor.com/…39891582

Vagabonda

2. Re: Best location for family to explore the Lakes & Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:17