We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
453 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

How would I get from the Rome airport to Cinque Terre by train? What stops will I make? If I decide to stay in CT where is a good place with a minimum of stairs. Would one of the outlying towns be better, seems that is the case from previous entries. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

Hello Trvlr

From airport have "Leonardo Express" to Roma Termini (half hours)

and from Roma Termini to La Spezia you have intercity trains every 2 hours

(it take about 4 hours) From La Spezia to Cinq1ue Terre you have local trains every hours (it take about 25 minutes)

Mentioned in this post
La Spezia
La Spezia
Province of La Spezia, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

To see the full train connections visit http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html entering 'from' Fiumicino Airport 'to' a particular Cinque Terre village, e.g. Monterosso, as the pattern of train services is different to each village.

Buy your tickets from the airport at the airport, as you cannot guarantee the arrival time of your plane.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

Monterosso is the flatest around the beach area and also the largest so is probably the best bet for accommadation.

List of approved Tourist Booard places to stay

parconazionale5terre.it/sitoweb/turismo_5_te…

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
453 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

Thanks all! I tried the train website before I wrote on here and it said no such choice or something like that when I put in the airport name. I'll try again, hoping it works out! Thanks!

5. Re: train from Rome airport to Cinque Terre roundtrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 14:17