We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which CT to stay in and the must do's in the area????

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Which CT to stay in and the must do's in the area????

Hi, I am in CT for 3 days in sept and was thinking of staying in Manrola.. but a trip advisor comment has made me think Vernazza is the place to be! Including the lovely photos I have seen! Can anyone recommend the best CT to stay in and the must do's in the area????? Olive oil tasting/wine tasting/hiking to each town/boat trips worth doing/day trips?

Many thanks for all your comments to date.

Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,458 Reviews
from USD 103.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
Special Offer
Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip...
1,071 Reviews
from USD 174.90*
USD 194.50
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Which CT to stay in and the must do's in the area????

If you are talking about this September where you stay will depend on where you can find accommation! Some recent posters say they cannot find any available.

It does not really matter which of the villages you stay in or even if its the adjacent resort Levanto since they are all connected by frequent trains only a few minutes apart.

As far as the trails are concerned due to a major landslip earlier this year only two of the main trails are open Monterosso to Vernazza and the Lovers Walk from Manarola to Riomaggiore which is a gentle stroll.

In season, weather permitting all except of of the villages have a regular ferry service.

…computernopanic.com/USER_CONTENT/49/pdf/tra…

Recommend the full trip including Portovenere which is in my view a gem. Another day trip is to take the train to Rapallo and take the ferry to Portofino.

The pics in the recent posting were really good but some hard walking was required to get some of them, it also missed out the crowds of day time tourists which rather swamp the villages.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64676991@N03/?saved=1

2. Re: Which CT to stay in and the must do's in the area????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:18