We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train reservation from Pisa to Cinque Terre

Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train reservation from Pisa to Cinque Terre

Hello,

I have booked air tickets to arrive at Pisa on 26 Aug at 12.20pm. Hope to get some advice whether I should reserve train tickets to Vernazza in advance or purchase tickets when I arrive at the Pisa airport train station? I am worried I can't get the tickets on the spot but not sure what time I will reach the train station, in case there is a flight delay.

If I book tickets in advance, can timing of the train I take be changed?

The next day, I wish to take the train to Florence in the late afternoon at 5pm. Should I also reserve the train tickets in advance?

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,040 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train reservation from Pisa to Cinque Terre

It is absolutely pointless trying to buy these tickets in advance. These are local (Regionale) trains. There are no seat reservations and tickets cannot sell out. Just buy the tickets at Pisa Airport: the ticket office will be open all the afternoon, and the ticket machines are there 24 hours each day.

It would be a good idea to buy your Vernazza-Florence tickets at Pisa Airport. These also have no seat reservations, but you might have a problem buying tickets in Vernazza on a Saturday.

Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp your tickets in a yellow machine at the station, and they are then good for travel during the next 6 hours.

Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train reservation from Pisa to Cinque Terre

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the information. Very useful for planning our trip!

Cheers!

3. Re: Train reservation from Pisa to Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre