We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amenities in rooms

charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Amenities in rooms

We will be in Rome next month and will stay at a small bed and breakfast. My question is do these small places usually provide wash loths as well as soap and shampoo or do I need to bring my own? I have heard that Eruopean hotels do not provide washcloths.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Amenities in rooms

You should ask the the B&B. Amenities vary by owner. Washcloths are not common in Europe.

charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Amenities in rooms

Any one else? Maybe someone just back from Rome?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Amenities in rooms

I never saw a wash cloth in any B&B when I went last year. My daughter packed a nylon poofy thing, and I used one of those nylon gloves, both of which squeeze out well, and can be stuffed into a ziplock bag if you will be traveling before it dries. I've heard of people taking their own cheap wash cloths and just throwing them away as they go. Definitely pack your own soap and shampoo.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
169 reviews
4. Re: Amenities in rooms

I also bring the nylon sponge balls with me - I toss them when I change hotels or after a few days. I find that they just lather better than washclothes. Bring soap, shampoo, shower gel, anything you may need, but stay away from carrying large bottles. I also pack one of those special towels for hair that dry really fast - lots of athletes use them - I get them at a sporting goods store and some of the beauty product stores have them like Sally Beauty supply. Unless your hotel is three star or above, I find the towel selection limited too!

5 posts
5. Re: Amenities in rooms

Thanks so much. I will use your ideas. I am just trying to pack as lightly as I can but I sure don't want to not have the things I need.

boston
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Amenities in rooms

We just got back, yes do bring washcloths.