We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Hi, can anyone suggest some nice restaurants near Via Nazionale, not too expensive but somewhere that has a nice selection, and welcoming. Will be there early December so would appreciate any help.

Also, maybe some near the Spanish steps as well. We are staying on Via Nazionale and were wondering is it safe for two women to walk around after dark when going to and from restaurants please. Maybe the Spanish Steps area is too far away to walk to at night? Thank you. :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
79,387 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

The whole of central Rome is safe. There are many people on the streets until late at night.

There are hundreds of restaurants near Via Nazionale, and thousands in central Rome. All of them display their menus with prices. If you want to get some recommendations, you need to clarify what "not too expensive" means in euros per person.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

I have steyd near that area more than once and waled around after dark with no problems (in feb it gts dark early like in Dec). One aplce I have eatten at in that neighborhood is

La Carbonara Snc

Via Panisperna, 214

http://www.lacarbonara.it/

have eaten here and it was great.

I think that this is the place Enrico Fermi ate at during his student days.

00184 Roma (RM), Italy

You have to judge if you think it is "too expsensve).

It is the yellow su behind a cloud on this google map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

New Zealand
Level Contributor
226 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Hi, here are a couple of restaurants in the area that I have been to many times over the last few years.

Ristorante La Taverna Dei Monti, 41 Via dal Boschetto. Look at the pink pin on Lupaling’s map.

Does not look much from outside but there is a lot more going on inside. The food has always been very good. And their prices are also very good. Their web site is http://tavernamonti.info just hit the translate button for English.

Another is up by the Opera House on Via Napoli, which is just off Via del Viminale, Antica Boheme.

Their web site is www.anticaboheme.it This one is probably a little bit more expensive than the first restaurant but has an old world charm, high vaulted ceilings and the food is amazing. Look for the two yellow masks on Lapaling’s map.

There is also have a small local market at the end of the street in the mornings.

I will definitely be going back to these two restaurants during my next trip to Rome in January 2014.

Enjoy Mitch

Edited: 03 November 2013, 06:32
Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

If you go into TA's 'restaurant' section and click on the map of Rome, restaurants will be shown so you can see which ones are in the areas you want, then you can look at the reviews of them. You can also filter them according to type, e.g. Italian/Indian/Chinese and price-range.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Thank you, fantastic information :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Thanks for your help, and the great tip about the market at the end of the street, but did you mean towards Termini or opposite direction. Great information for me, I appreciate it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Thank you, I will look into that, thanks :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

Hi Mitch,

I just looked into both sites for the restaurants you mentioned and both will certainly be visited by me! Also, whilst looking at them, one is also situated on a fabulous shopping street, thank you.

9. Re: Restaurants near Via Nazionale,Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 16:19