We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Hi

My hubby and I are off to Rome on Thursday and are staying at the B&B Hotel Roma Trastevere which is near Trastevere station. We're arriving at Fiumicino Airport and are planning to take teh FR1 from there to Trastevere station, does anyone know how much it will cost, I've seen two conflicting prices on here so not sure which is correct.

After a couple of nights we are then travelling to Venice by train from Termini Station. Can anyone please advise of the best way to get to Termini Station, we're happy taking public transport, would we be able to take the FR5? Also does anyone know which station our train to Venice is likely to be leaving from? Our train ticket is booked for train - Frecciargento 9422 on 05/10/2013 leaving at 11.50am. I'm worried we might miss it if we son't know which platform it's leaving from.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 07:24
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Hi

Thanks for your response. I'll just plan to get there at least 30 mins prior to departure to ensure I have time to find the platform. My ticket is booked for Termini to Venice so surely I need to board it at Termini?

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Hi,

Re. the first part of your query:

This August I got the FR1 from Fiumicino airport to Trastevere station and it cost me €8. You can check the trenitalia website for confirmation of the price - it is stil €8: www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Edited: 01 October 2013, 22:56
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Great, thanks so much!

5. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

Hi

Your train - Frecciargento 9422 on 05/10/2013 leaving at 11.50am from Termini - leaves Tiburtina station at 1200 (for reassurance, access the trenitalia website and input "Roma Tiburtina" and "Venezia S. Lucia" as the from/to stations & select the time of 11 o'clock on Saturday 5 Oct. On the next page, it will display your train number 9422, and confirm a 1200 departure from Tiburtina).

As Tiburtina is after Termini, I don't think there will be a problem with your ticket to Venice if you join there instead but am not certain (in England, a shorter journey can sometimes cost more than a longer one). However, you will need to buy a separate ticket from Roma Trastevere to Roma Tiburtina - I thought they cost €1.50 but trenitalia's website says they are only €1 - perhaps one of the Rome experts can confirm which is correct?

Although I have never used Tiburtina station, I have travelled through it many times and it definitely looks a lot quieter than Termini.

I don't know what reply number 5 means by "1st stop at 3 o'clock";.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your holiday!

7. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

8. Re: How to get from Trastevere station to Termini Station?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 15:40