We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to paris - venice - rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
travel to paris - venice - rome

hiya,

Couple (Non - EU) residing in Ireland, we will be visiting Paris, then Venice, Rome and then back to Ireland in March. I would like to whether to apply for French Schengen or Italy, although we will be in Italy more days, we will be going to Paris 1st. Also, what is the best way to travel to Venice from Paris and then from Venice to Rome??? and kind of cloths we should take! plz advise

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,270 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to paris - venice - rome

You are supposed to apply for the Shengen visa through whatever country you will be in the longest.

In my opinion, the best way to travel from Paris to Venice is to fly. You can get quite cheap flights though you may have to watch your luggage weight and size. From Venice to Rome take the fast train see www.trenitalia.com leaving from Venice SL (Santa Lucia) station.

As to clothes, the weather is unpredictable and may still be cold. Pack layers that can be mixed and matched and carry a light coat. Some very comfortable, closed shoes for walking and foot warmth.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to paris - venice - rome

Flights Dublin - Paris and Rome - Dublin www.aerlingus.com

Paris to Venice www.easyjet.com

Accommodation www.venere/com

www.parisinfo.com

www.turismovenezia.it

www.romeinfo.com

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to paris - venice - rome

There's no need to fly between Paris and Venice, a new Thello train links them every night. Departs Paris Gare de Lyon 19:45, arrives Venice Santa Lucia on the banks of the Grand Canal at 09:34.

Fares from 35 euros in 4-berth couchettes, 55 euros in 4-berth couchettes or from 145 euros in a 2-bed sleeper. There's a restaurant car for dinner and breakfast. Dinner not bad - I was on this train a few weeks ago myself.

Book at www.thello.com or www.trenitalia.com

Then www.trenitalia.com for Venice-Rome.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to paris - venice - rome

Hey guys, Thanks a lot for the prompt replies!!!!!! These info will be of great help.

5. Re: travel to paris - venice - rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 06:13