We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Rome to Pisa?

Ho Chi Minh City...
10 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Rome to Pisa?

Hello, I'm planning to go to Pisa from Rome on December 28 and return on the same day. How can I book train ticket online?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Rome to Pisa?

You can't, at least not yet. The schedules for trains after December 11 have not been uploaded at www.trenitalia.com/.

Are you sure you want to spend a minimum of six hours on the train to go to Pisa?

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
12,116 posts
611 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Rome to Pisa?

If you decide to go, you can also take a regional train which is very cheap (16.85 euros - present price - from Roma Ostiense) and doesn't need to be booked in advance. Of course it is slow, but, if you decide to go, you have to resign to spend a lot of hours in a train, like Zerlina says; but in my opinion 6 hours round trip in a fast train, or 8 hours in a regional train, doesn't make a big difference.

Notice also that at the end of December in Italy you can have daylight just until 4pm.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Rome to Pisa?

More information on transportation options:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k4878…

4. Re: How to get from Rome to Pisa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2012, 21:27