We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American ATM Cards in Rome?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
134 reviews
American ATM Cards in Rome?

Will American bank debit cards work at ATM machines in Rome? I'm concerned about number of digits required for security code, etc. I seem to remember having more digits as required input than American banks require.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: American ATM Cards in Rome?

Most ATMs in Europe now require a 4 digit 'pin' number. Check with your bank if you are 'chip and pin'.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,698 posts
2. Re: American ATM Cards in Rome?

Even if not chip and pin (which mine aren't, they will be fine). But a four digit pin is required last I heard.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: American ATM Cards in Rome?

I've never had a problem with my ATM card (I have a 4 digit PIN). If your PIN is more than 4 digits, just get in touch with your bank to change it.

4. Re: American ATM Cards in Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:19