We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Testaccio a great place to stay in rome

Irishman in London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Testaccio a great place to stay in rome

Here is my review of RentinTestaccio a small family run business renting 2 holiday apartments in Rome.

Rentintestaccio rent out 2 apartments in Testaccio. Testaccio is a well kept secret in Rome, walking distance to all the main sites but off the tourist track. You will meet lots of locals and get to try some great food in the local restaurants, which are packed with Romans. There is also a lovley park with a kids playground.

I stayed here for a week with my family in July, The weather was hot so the fact that the apartment had air-conditioning was a great bonus.

Sandra, who is also the owner took our booking and sent us a very useful information pack with maps and even bus tickets to get fromt the train station to the apartment.

We were met by a lovely lady, Stephanie, who spoke perfect English and gave us lots of helpful tips on things to do and see in Rome. Stephanie even left us a welcome pack, which included a bottle of wine for us and milk and sweets for the kids, Thanks Stephanie.

The apartment itslef is very clean and a lot of thought has gone into its layout, they even had a wall safe and WiFi acess as well. The kitchen had everything we needed and there is a great fruit market 100m down the road and also a very good deli so we did cook a couple of times.

Overall we had a great stay and will be back soon.

Sweden
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Testaccio a great place to stay in rome

Welcome to the forum :)

Did you participate in the nightlife of the area?

Irishman in London
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Testaccio a great place to stay in rome

Hi

I travelled with my wife and kids 6 an 9. Hence my nightly escapades were limited to pizzeria's (Remo's is very popular) and restaurans (Dal Boctino for good simple food). There are lots of bars / nightclubs down the other end of Testaccio, but I didn't get a chance to check any of them out this time. I will have to leave the kids at home next visit.

3. Re: Testaccio a great place to stay in rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:19