We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

London
1 post
Save Topic
Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

I am looking for a clean and comfortable hotel (2 or 3 *) close to all major sites (15 mins walk approx) for 3 nights in Feb BUT do not want to spend more than 90EUROS per room...can anybody recommend a few suitable options?....Thank you.

Albany, Western...
Level Contributor
615 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

If you are interested in a B&B, the Arco del Lauro may be 90 or under in February - it would be worth emailing them to find out. We are going there in January. Web site http://www.arcodellauro.it/index.htm

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

The only area that's such a short walk from all major sites is the Piazza Navona/ Campo de' Fiori/ Ghetto area. However, it's very unlikely that you will find a 2* or 3* hotel in that area for under 90 euros.

I think you'll either have to walk a little more or pay a little more. You can try venere.com, which allows you to pick hotels by neighborhood from a map and then sort them by price. They also have fairly unbiased reviews of the hotels.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

"Hotel Mimosa is in the historic center of Rome, just behind the Pantheon (100 meters) and a 5 minute walk from piazza Navona. Just steps away from the hotel are all the most beautiful streets and piazzas of Rome and the most famous monuments. Strolling by day or night in the area surrounding Hotel Mimosa is a true pleasure with its picturesque sights, elegant shops, the atmosphere of Rome." Quote from their website.

http://www.hotelmimosa.net/en/location.htm

They quoted $90 euros for a single - $80 with a shared bathroom - in March.

Hope this helps!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

Out of season so could be cheaper.....we paid E85 in May .....try this only 4 blocks from termini

http://www.hotelromae.com/en/

or this site helped me when we changed our mind in Italy mid trip and had to find accom

www.cross-pollinate.com/list.asp…

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

Hotels near Termini station are not within a 15 minutes walk of the major sites in Rome.

The Mimosa sounds like a possibility but it's a 1-star hotel and gets very mixed reviews here on trip advisor. The original poster asked for a 2- or 3-star hotel.

wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

I'm a bit reluctant to tell anyone about this hotel because for me it's a real gem. I'd challenge anyone to find a better three-star hotel in Rome for the 70 euros I paid last February. And on Expedia it's the same price next February.

The Domus Aventina is located on the Aventine Hill and is a stones throw away from the Colloseum and Forum but not too far away from the Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi. We walked it every day and it does take about 15 minutes.

You can book it on Expedia for a good price if your're travelling well in advance. The rooms are great and breakfasts spot on for a day's sightseeing and the best thing is it's just a short walk to the great restaurant area of Trastevere or even closer is the equally good Testaccio nightlife spot.

Hotel is in a classy part of Rome near the banks of the Tiber and rooms are set around a courtyard with orange and lemon trees growing.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

<< I'm a bit reluctant to tell anyone about this hotel because for me it's a real gem. I'd challenge anyone to find a better three-star hotel in Rome for the 70 euros I paid last February. And on Expedia it's the same price next February.

The Domus Aventina is located on the Aventine Hill and is a stones throw away from the Colloseum and Forum but not too far away from the Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi.>>

Are you sure about the price? I tried a few dates in February and never found anything like 70 euros. 148 euros for a single and 218 for a double were typical for the dates I tried.

wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

Sorry to say I was thinking about going back myself next February and looked a fortnight ago for cheap flights but couldn't get any so decided against it. But the Domus Aventina was a couple of weks ago putting a three night stay from February 18-21 at 75euros a night. That was room and breakfast. It seems to have gone up a hell of a lot since then. But what I will say is keep checking hotels regularly on somewhere like Expedia because the prices seem to fluctuate a lot. The other option is to contact the hotels direct and see what offer they can do for you.

9. Re: Central Hotel less than 90EUROS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 02:16