We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

Hi,

I would be very grateful for anyone who can tell me how I can book Fraterna Domus (Convent) I cannot see any option to do it on the Internet - do we have to do it by phone?

Thank you

Jodie

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

Hi Jodie, have found this on the Santa Susanna site (Santa Susanna is the American church in Rome). There's an email address there, so you can at least email them.

FRATERNA DOMUS

Via del Monte Brianza 62

00186 Rome.

Tel. 06.6880.2727; Fax: 06.683.2691

E-mail domusrm@tin.it

It is centrally located between the Tiber and Piazza Navona. Recommended by the Vatican Tourist Information Bureau. They charge 48 Euro per person for room with breakfast and 78 Euro for a double room. All rooms have private baths. Other meals are available at request. Curfew is at 11:00 PM.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

Thank you Chris,

I grew up in Billericay, what a surprise you are in Southend. Thank you so much for replying - It seems to be in a good location and sufficient to just rest your head after a long day discovering Rome. Have you stayed there?

Jodie

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

Hi Jodie, what a small world!!

No, I haven't stayed at Fraterna Domus, but it's in a good position and the price is amazing. I will be in Rome 26 Sept to 3rd Oct and am staying in Trastevere (I have a love of this area, I lived there many years ago). When will you be in Rome?

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

I have just tried to email Fraterna Domus using domusrm@tin.it,

but the message was returned. It was a shame becuase I wrote it in my best Italian. Have you had any luck contacting them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

hi there,

many of the convents were booked except i did get an email back from Casa Maria Immacolata

Via Ezio 28 Te. 06.32 16 686 Fax. 06. 3230261 e.mail:

info@casamariaimmacolata.it and they have availability - they also have a website. The sister said she had a free room for our dates in a few weeks but we had already booked elsewhere. I did not receive any email from Fraterna Domus.

Chris, yes small world indeed - we are going in 2 weeks - the 20th for 4 days. Hows the weather in Southend?

Jodie

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

Hi Jodie,

Sunny at the moment, with an autumnal nip in the air!

Have a great trip!

Oklahoma City USA
Level Contributor
37 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

I received an E-mail from Fraterna Domus on 25 Seot '07 with their newest e-mail address, hopefully they have not changed since then:

Fraterna Domus

via Monte Brianzo, 62

00186 Roma

Attenzione! Abbiamo cambiato indirizzo e-mail

We changed e-mail adress:

e-mail. fraternadomus@alice.it

tel. 06 68 80 54 75

fax. 06 68 32 691

Good luck. We have reservations for the last week in May, we made the reservations last August or Seotember.

8. Re: how do I book Fraterna Domus ?? TY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 10:19