We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

Hi i lovellocal and simple delicious meal . can any one tell me your favorit food place in naples.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

On my first trip to Naples (2007) I enjoyed a fantastic meal at a restaurant in the Chaiai neighborhood. On my recent trip (March) I decided to look for it again - to my delight it's still there, and so I enjoyed a second fantastic meal.

It's called Pizzeria Mattozzi - but please don't confuse it with the one in Piazza Carita (mentioned in many guide books), just off Via Toledo (I ate there too, and was disappointed).

I'm not certain of the exact address, but if you google "43 Via Gaetano Filangeri" and then switch to street view, you'll see it. Maybe a quarter mile from the Amedeo metro stop.

They serve much more than pizza. Highly recommended!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

Thanks you to tell you choice. i find in via filangiere 10 . i will try

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

You'll have to cope with it being in Italian but, for an interesting list of traditional eateries (where, at the time of compilation in late 2010, one could still eat for €15) might try...

lucianopignataro.it/a/…

.... just don't expect any of them to be particularly fancy!

We'd stumbled onto one place ourselves, whilst wandering the historic centre soon after moving here...

lucianopignataro.it/a/…

... but had to be led to "Cibi cotti" - which is tucked away in one corner of the indoor market at Mergellina, the 'mercatino della Torretta' on via F. Galiani....

http://www.slideshare.net/Aflo/nonna-anna1

We were taken for lunch by a friend who's known it since doing his legal apprenticeship nearby, some 50 years ago. Although now listed by Gambero Rosso etc, there are recommendations - and then there are recommendations!

http://www.gamberorosso.it/article?id=238963

…myblog.it/archive/2010/10/29/trattoria-dall…

Peter

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
306 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

I am partial to Cantina di Via Sapienza for lunch, Di Matteo for pizza, want to try Starita for pizza next time and Donna Teresa. All are terrific, local, and inexpensive.

5. Re: Local food in naples . please tell me your favorit restauran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:42