We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

I am staying in Naples for 5 days in April. What would you recommend doing while I am there? I was planning on doing day trips to Capri, Amalfi and Pompeii. What should I do on my full days in Naples or in the evenings after the day trips?

My main interests would be history, art and trying local cuisine.

I am staying at the Cloisters Inn near Piazza Del Gesu Nuovo/ Piazza Beillini. Is that a safe area? good area to have a few drinks in the evening?

Also what is the weather like in Naples in April?

Alot of questions but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

16 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

I found the area around Piazza Bellini very pleasant. We happened upon a jazz themed bar we enjoyed very much. I also liked Pizzeria Attanasio (more so than the more famous pizzeria we also tried).

I was only in town long enough for a visit to the archaeological museum and a stroll, but there is a ton to do. See guide book and https://www.napoliunplugged.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,698 posts
2. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

There is so much to see and do in Naples, I suggest you get yourself a good guidebook to help you narrow down your choices as you are not giving much time overall to the city itself.

This website has some good info and then a guidebook can help fill in more info www.napoliunplugged.com

Piazza Bellini is jumping at night with people at the bars, cafes and literally in the streets and piazza.

Enjoy!

Weather? Who knows, 2 years ago I was warmish during the day, cool at night; this past April (last 8 or so days of April) I was broiling it was so hot (to me) and humid - so, it's weather - who knows.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

For history and art I would be sure to get to the Archaeology museum, the Certosa di San Martino, and the Cappella San Severo.

A couple of other favorites are the underground tour (Napoli Sotterranea) and the beautiful cloister at Santa Chiara, an oasis of peace in the middle of the city.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

If you like art, the Capodimonte Museum is a must.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,945 posts
662 reviews
5. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

You are planning on 3 days trips with 5 days total? I would plan no more than 2 day trips at most.

CA
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

I would plan no more than 2 day trips at most.

What I was thinking as you only have 4 full days. Capri and Pompeii are doable, but Amalfi too far. Any interesting in sculpture, the Veiled Christ in the Capella Sanservo [close to Piazza Bellini] is a must.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

thanks

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

Hi, what day trips would you prioritise? Pomeii is only a half day trip, or would Vesuvius be worth climbing too?

Cairns
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

Hi

If I remember rightly when we went from Rome to Pompeii via Naples it took us a couple of hours each way and Pompeii itself is huge so wandering the site took another couple of hours then a long late lunch in Naples before we headed back to Rome so for us It was almost a whole day out....!

Imagine it could be quite possible see Pompeii and Vesuvius on a day tour

Next year we'll spend our days wandering around Piazza Bellini and down past the piazzas, Gesu Nuovo and del Plebiscito to Santa Lucia sea village and day trip to Pozzuolli and Baia

Enjoy

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
424 posts
318 reviews
10. Re: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)

Pompeii or Herculaneum is a must for the history-minded and Vesuvius is close by. Herculaneum is similar to Pompeii, but much smaller, so it and Vesuvius can be done in less time.

Capri is very pretty. Sorrento is good substitute for Amalfi if you decide Amalfi is too far. Ferries for Capri leave from Sorrento, so with an early start you might e both in one day.

Reply to: Things to do in Naples (in April for 5 days.)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted