We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation and Itinerary ?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation and Itinerary ?

Hi, I have several questions that I am hoping you could help advise me.

My flight arrives NAP at 22:30 in July. I was wondering the best way to get to my hotel B&B Bella 'Mbriana at Vico Spezzano, 7, Naples Historic Center, 80135 Naples, Italy? I will have 2 teenage sons with me. After a long flight a taxi might be easy and if that is recommended how much would I expect to pay? Also, I notice my hotel is near a metro which is also a possibility.

The next morning I would take a ferry to Capri, is it possible to get ferry tickets last minute, since I am not sure how late we will sleep or is it better to pre-book a ticket?

The next day we will see Pompeii (possibly stop by Versuvius if time allows).

The final day we will see the Amalfi Coast. Possibly train Sorrento than a ferry to Positano or Amalfi. Any suggestions on best way to see Amalfi Coast as a day trip from Naples?

The evenings we will see a bit of Naples (castles, view from and the final morning before our train to Rome. It sounds busy, but hopefully not too much.

Is it suggested to get the Campania 3 day card for travel and Pompeii?

Thank you for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
3 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation and Itinerary ?

First, there is no metro at the airport and your arrival is too late for the metro anyway.

By taxi your address falls just outside the lines for the fixed fare but the driver may give it to you, I'm just not sure which one they would insist on, it would be either €16 or €19. Even if you have to go on the meter, at that hour after a lot of travel in a strange city, the taxi is your best option.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation and Itinerary ?

Yes, it's easy to walk up and get a ferry ticket, there is no reason to pre-book this. You can walk to the port at Molo Beverello (about a mile, slightly downhill) or take the metro from Dante to Municipio.

The ArteCard would not make economic sense for you if you'd only be using it for the Pompei entrance and transport.

For your Amalfi Coast day you have greater flexibility if you take the train to Salerno and ferries along the coast from there. If you go to Sorrento first you will take more time and have only one morning ferry option from Sorrento to Positano.

Mentioned in this post
Molo Beverello
Molo Beverello
145 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation and Itinerary ?

Thank you for your reply! Another option would be to stay near the airport for 1 night and in the morning move hotels to Sorrento. However I was hoping to see a bit if Naples too, which is why I thought to use Naples as a base.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Naples
Naples
Reply to: Transportation and Itinerary ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted