We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel

We will be staying at Via Chiatamone 6 in Naples. Can you advise on the best way to get to the Circumvesuviana or the the Campania Express to Pompeii and also to the archaeological museum.

Also, is Pompeii very sandy? I am asking because my Merrell walking shoes are mostly mesh and not good for walking on sand. Would I be better off wearing the hiking shoes I will have with me?

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Pompeii
Pompeii
3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel

You are going to need this - anm.it/images/stories/PDF/mappametro2017.pdf -- in order to get around

You can also access bus info here -

(you can copy/paste URL into google translate for English)

www.anm.it/index.php…

There is a bus you can take near you (and your B&B will be able to assist you with this, obviously) - I think it is the C25 but not 100% certain - you can take that and then get onto Metro Line 1 for just a few stops -

I use google maps "directions" feature pretty often - and found that, in Naples, I get mostly good directions but then I would map them out online at the official websites and also on my hard copy maps to make sure -

Nice location by the way - near to the Lungomare which is lovely to enjoy - on a nice warm day, it can seem as if all of Naples is there -

Enjoy this wonderful city!

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel

Thank you for your help.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,430 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel

The Farmacia Morelli bus stop will be important for you, it's the stop just before the buses enter the tunnel and you can get six different buses here, depending on where you are going.

To get to Porta Nolana, go to the Farmacia Morelli stop and get the #151 bus, this will stop right in front of the Porta Nolana Circumvesuviana station where you'd get the Campania Express.

www.anm.it/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Porta Nolana
Porta Nolana
29 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Reply to: Best Naples Public Transportation Routes from Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted