We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Level Contributor
34 posts
How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

So far I am interested in visiting these places: Naples Archeological Museum, Capodimonte, all three castles (Nouovo, Ovo, Sant Elmo), all churches worth visiting, Caserta, Portici, Pompei, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi, climbing Vesuvius, Paestum.

How many days would it take?

27 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Hi

It depends ...I would say at least 1 week but it will be rushed

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,253 posts
2. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

For those places, you may be able to do it in a week though I can’t imagine it.

For “everything”? a year or a lifetime....

London
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

I'd say minimum two weeks and you obviously won't see everything.

You can spend a week in Capri alone and still not see everything.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

I agree. Two weeks... It really depends on your meaning of "see" LOL!

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
672 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

31 years and still working on it.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 00:49
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Very likely it would take months to see all worth visiting in Naples area; just for example, in your list you are missing Ischia, Procida, the Phlegraean Fields, Positano, Ravello, etc... and most sites in Naples as well.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 00:55
California
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

"d..a..y..s.."??.....in my opinion, a week surely isn't enough time...you need at least 4 nights just for Naples (which is only 3 full days). These destinations are not amusement parks....think about what you'd like to experience, rather than what you'd like to cover.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
181 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Only "all churches worth visiting" deserve at least 1 week in Naples, and still some interesting churches would be left out of the plan.

1 week in Naples and 1 week visiting the rest would be enough to leave without the feeling that you have just scratched the surface, but it's still far away from being enough for everything.

On a more realistic note, assuming that you do not want to spend 2 weeks in a single region of Italy: 4 days in Naples and 5 days for the rest is enough to visit the very essential without rushing.

Exploring Naples for 42 years and still being continuously surprised by this amazing city.

Level Contributor
794 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Naples has one of the world's largest historic centers, containing more than 400 churches.

An amazing city that deserves time.

Level Contributor
34 posts
10. Re: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?

Thank you for replies.

Of course I don't want to visit "everything", but I don't want to leave missing something.

Let me compare visit to Naples to my visit in Catania from last year. I spent three full days alone covering Catania and made one-day trips to Syracuse, Taormina, Noto, Caltagirone, Enna and I've climbed Etna. So I am thinking along similar lines this year. Naples as a base + one-day trips. 7-10 days.

I love castles, archaeological sites, museums, churches, ruins, to the point of being a maniac. I hate beaches and clubs. So, basically, I am focused on seeing as much as can be seen within the time period. And it never feels rushed for me, I love sightseeing and also I do a lot of walking as a long-distance runner.

As a sidenote, I am astonished how many negative opinions about Naples I've found not only in this forum. I don't understand people who complain about the city being ugly and dirty while at the same time being totally not interested about what it has to offer. I've heard similar opinions about Catania and spent three days there, never getting bored.

So back to topic, what can be done, realistically, in 7-10 days, assuming there are obvious places to visit (Vesuvius, Pompei, Capri) and days should offer varied experiences (mountain hiking, islands, museums, ruins etc.). Trip similar to the Catania one.

Btw, somebody above said week in Capri and still not enough... C'mon, the island is only 10 square kms. :P

Reply to: How many days to see everything in Naples and around it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted