We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

I plan to check out from Rome hotel and travel to Naples with all my luggage by Frecce (fastest trains in Italy) early in the morning so that I can take the Pompeii and Vesuvius full-day tour.

And I don't intend to stay in Naples, but after finishing the Pompei-Vesuvius tour, I plan to take Frecce fast train and reach Florence.

But this will be possible if only I get to store my luggage (2-3 suitcases) at the Napoli Centrale station.

So I want to know if there's a reliable and safe option to store my luggage at the station itself?

7 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,777 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

Yes, there is: napolicentrale.it/en/…left-luggage

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,777 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

There is another option, you could drop your bags at Termini in the morning and Trenitalia will deliver them to your hotel in Florence that night. It costs more than storing them but would be so much easier than dragging them on and off different trains, waiting on line to store them then again to collect them, etc.: trenitalia.com/tcom-en/Services/Luggage-tran…

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

Dear elstravels,

Thank you for responding so promptly and giving such helpful information.

It just made my day :)

Thanks a ton.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

It concerns me that you seem to be travelling by yourself, but with 2 or 3 suitcases. For train travel, it is essential that you do not have more luggage than you can *comfortably* handle by yourself. There are no railway staff to help you at most stations, there may be stairs to the platforms, and there are almost always a few steep steps up into the train.

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

In Frecce trains, where does one store luggage? In a separate luggage train coach or is there a place in every train coach for storing luggage?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,329 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

There is luggage storage in every carriage. But sydneynick is right. You should travel light. I find that 2 or 3 small bags is easier to manage than 1 large bag. If you are bringing 2-3 big cases, then I'm afraid you will either need to pack less, or have an uncomfortable and possibly painful trip.

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?

Yes SydneyNick and you are right.

We are 2 people so we should be carrying just 2 bags.

Thanks for such helpful insights.

:)

Reply to: Storage rooms for suitcases at Napoli Centrale?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted